Sunday, November 16, 2008

Book Report - Haven't done one in years!


I have recently enrolled in a program with Thomas Nelson Inc. publishers, to read and review (on my blog) one of their recent books. I chose "Billy" an "untold story of a young Billy Graham and the test of faith that almost changed everything".1

I don't typically read non-fiction, but as the Reverend Billy Graham nears the end of his earthly life and grows closer and closer to Heaven I thought I'd like to read this now rather than later.

What an excellent choice! I pray you will take the time to read it. This relatively short book covers only a portion of the evangelist's life, but probably the most powerful, life-changing portion of his life.

"Billy" is brilliantly told in a narrative style of Rev. Graham's early life, from high school through the time of his early tent meetings in 1959. The flash-forward chapters of a deathbed interview with one of Billy's dearest friends in 2001 brings intrigue and insight into the powerful Christian's "crisis of faith"2.

Even being aware of the amazing career of Rev Graham, the book was a real page turner! All will be blessed by reading.

I now hold a greater appreciation for this man of God's walk with the Saviour and his desire for all to know Jesus.

Blessings as you read, Carole

1,2. Cover of Billy, William Paul McKay & Ken Abraham, Thomas Nelson, 2008

No comments: