Sunday, November 8, 2009

Book Review

Once again I have found myself reading a couple of books that have inspired me to blog and let you know the wonder of God's working through foolish men.

same kind of different as me and the follow-up book What difference do it make? are a wonderful, inspiring set of books.

same kind of different as me is a story of a very unlikely friendship between two men of enormous diverse lives and backgrounds. Denver Moore, a sharecropper on the run to a new life and Ron Hall, a wealthy art dealer quite content with the status quo, would probably never have crossed paths had not God intervened through the life of a godly woman. Their interactions, although tentative at the onset, show the reader how God can and does work through common, everyday activities.

The power of God through these three individuals is evident by the changes in one community in Fort Worth, Texas. A heartbreaking turn of events solidifies the friendship between these two men.

The second book in the series, What difference do it make? continues the story revealing example after example of the results of this friendship.

Oh, that this reader would actually become the hands and feet of Jesus just as Mr. Moore and Mr. Hall and that one woman that loved them and God. That I could step out of my comfort zone and reach a people that God may place in my life and path. That I would look for the opportunities to touch lives.

No comments: