Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Daily Thanks

I have noticed that many of my Facebook friends have joined a new tradition of posting thoughts of thankfulness each day of November, the month of thanksgiving.

A very nice thought and tradition and I wanted to join the fun. But we left town on October 24th heading to Florida, Tennessee and Virginia. I don't have computer time when we are traveling, so November 1st came and went without my starting on time.


So, I'll try to catch up.

Nov 1 - I am thankful that Superstorm Sandy spared our house and the houses of our three NorthEast children. Kelly had some water in her crawlspace and loss of some items in her shed.

Nov. 2 - I am thankful that Bill & I had safe travels over 4,300 miles.

Nov. 3 - I am thankful that I didn't have to drive even one of those 4,300 miles or pump the gas to travel them.

Nov. 4 - I am thankful for the gift of watching our grandchildren grow up and participating in many of their activities.

Nov. 5 - I am thankful for living in a country where we can travel at-will and as long as the money holds out.

Nov. 6 - I am thankful for the several medications that keep my several diagnosis manageable.

Nov 7 - I am thankful that our electricity was restored within moments of our return from vacation.  .

Nov 8 - I am thankful that the ruined contents of our fridge and freezer were minimal and we have the resources to replace them.

Oops, I am one day ahead of the pack.  Better quit now, I had a busy day and am tired. Oh I am thankful to be home and in our own bed.

No comments: