Wednesday, October 8, 2008

To twitter or not to twitter. Now there's a question.

Hello friends, Today a discussion ensued on my online Writers' Group about
using the new online communication vehicle called Twitter. Twitter.com.
Be sure to read
the Surgeon General's warning as to the addiction side
effects of said site.


As the conversation continued I couldn't help myself. I had go to dictionary.com.

twit-ter - verb (used without object)
1. to utter a succession of small, tremulous sounds, as a bird
2. to talk lightly and rapidly, esp. of trivial matters; chatter
3. to titter; giggle.
4. to tremble with excitement or the like; be in a flutter.
- verb (used with object)
5. to express or utter by twittering.
-noun
6. an act of twittering.
7. a twittering sound.
8. a state of tremulous excitement.

So there we were, a group of novelists, columnists etc twittering about
whether to twit or not to twit.

Personally?

I twitter (#2) and have for years. Anytime, anyplace to anyone with ears.
At the office, at
home, in the line at the store. I should be about twittered out,
dontcha think? My kids say I
twitter too much. Especially to strangers.
"You are embarrassing us Mom."


If I went to a site to twitter, I'd twiddle away my day and get nothing else
done. And I am so ADD or ADHD or OCD or some other D
that if I started twittering I'd get
hooked and never see the light of day.
I am of course using verb definition #2
here.

I have been known to twitter (#4) but I take medicine for that at my age.

I never #3. I am more of a hearty loud somewhat obnoxious guffaw.
Which I guess
could be birdlike - Big Bird.

Well enough of this. I must get going to Bible Study where
Thou Shalt Not Twitter!

Altho sharing prayer requests can be a bit ....

ENOUGH CAROLE! - SIGN OFF



2 comments:

cheyennejack said...

Twitter me this. Twitter me that. If you ever do make it on you'll have to let me know. I twitter from time to time @cheyennejack. I found it most useful when twittering about a mobile conference that I attended.

Great finding your blog and hope all is well.

Pat said...

I love it! And I know that you twitter all day.....lol. God bless you and I am so blessed to work besides you.